2016 Reisterstown Summer Playground
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!
Important News: Our NEW location for summer 2016 will be at Glyndon Elementary School (445 Glyndon Drive, Reisterstown MD 21136).
- Boys and Girls ages 5-13
- Glyndon Elementary School
Session 1: June 27th - July 1st
Session 2: July 5th - July 8th (**no playground on Monday July 4th, in observance of the holiday)
Session 3: July 11th - July 15th
Session 4: July 18th - July 22nd
Session 5: July 25th - July 29th
Session 6: August 1st - August 5th
Session 7: August 8th - August 11th (**no camp on Friday August 12th for the cleanup)
Annual Talent Show is scheduled during Session 7 for Wednesday August 10th.
- Early registration through May 31st - Each program session is $100.00 (9:00 AM - 4:45 PM), or extended session is $130.00 (8:00 AM - 5:30 PM)
- Regular registration starts June 1st, Each program session is $135.00 (9:00 AM - 4:45 PM), or extended session is $165.00 (8:00 AM - 5:30 PM)
- Register On-line: https://www.youthleaguesusa.com/rrc/2016/WelcomePlayground.html
For all field trips, the buses leave at exactly 10:00 AM and return as close to 4:30 PM as traffic conditions allows. The site will not be staffed on field trip days. For skating trips, please make sure your child has good, comfortable socks. For Cascade Lake trips, please make sure your child has a lunch, swimsuit, towel, and suntan lotion. Staff will not be responsible for child's use or application of suntan lotion.
Fields Trip Schedule
Jade Hughes and Kyle Hughes, Directors
Geordy Walden and Allison Eller, Assistant Directors
Here is some important information for the Week 7:
**Our camper checkin/checkout procedures have been adjusted for the summer. Parents must walk their children to and from the check-in and check-out at the lunchroom. The lunchroom will remain staffed throughout the day for any campers arriving late or leaving early. Finally, campsites will be called between each activity. Therefore, it is important that when leaving or if your usual pickup routine is different, your campsite leader is made aware.
- The location is Glyndon Elementary School (445 Glyndon Drive, Reisterstown MD, 21136).
- Drop off and pick up will be located at the far left side of the school, past the parking lot, at the lunchroom. Campers should check in here and store their well marked lunches and bags. Staff will direct you, on the first day. Parents must escort their children to and from the lunchroom.
- Any campers registered and paid for before and after care may drop off between 8am and 9am and/or pickup between 4:45 and 5:30pm at the gymnasium. You can access the gym through the breezeway right off the bus loop or walking around the right corner of the building. Parents must escort their children to and from the gym.
- Campers will be assigned a campsite and campsite leader on their first day. This will serve as an additional check-in and their group for bus assignments. Parents are encouraged to meet their child's campsite leader sometime on Monday, as this will serve as your point of contact for information regarding the program.
- Many parts of the school are open for our daily use, such as the bathrooms, gymnasium, and classrooms. However, much of the day could be outside. It is highly recommended that campers bring and use sunscreen. Water fountains are located within the school, though campers may bring well marked water bottles that can be refilled and carried to other parts of the site.
- Campers must provide their own lunch daily. There are snacks and drinks that are sold in our store, but do not comprise a full lunch. On Fridays, we sell pizza for $2 per slice and campers can pay for that in advance throughout the week up to Friday morning.
- Our special events this week are Water Wednesday (in the afternoon) and the talent show! For Water Wednesday, campers should bring their bathing suits and towels for are slip n' slide down the hill. The Talent Show is scheduled to be in the cafeteria/auditorium on Wednesday August 10th at 7:00 pm. Campers who are participating are asked to arrive by 6:30pm (campers may stay after camp until the show with parental permission). The easiest access of the cafeteria will be from the back of the school through the set of doors in front of the cafeteria.
- Our Thursday field trip is to Cascade Lake in Hampstead, MD. This is a lake trip. There is a shallow end and a deep end with diving platforms and slide (5ft). In order to enter the deep end, campers must pass a swim test conducted by the lifeguards (this test is a bit more challenging and longer than the pool test). As other options, especially for those not swimming, there are basketball courts. There will be walking trips to the Splash Park as well. Campers can bring their lunch or purchase from the concession/snowball stand (about $5 to $10 for a full lunch). Parent chaperones are welcomed. Please pay $10/chaperone or guest if you would like to attend.